If one wishes to undergo a bathroom remodeling, it can be really exhausting but worth it once the desired output has been met.
It is important to have a clear mindset on what to expect and what are the things that need to be considered either you go DIY approach or hire local bathroom contractors which can definitely spell out the difference between a month’s long waking experience ending up in a bathroom that you settle or a very pleasant experience resulting in the bathroom you have long been dreaming for.
Whether you are remodeling a small bathroom or an executive or large one, changing the bathroom sinks or getting a new tub many aspects should be considered and should be approached with extreme preparation and thinking to end up with the expected output you have set.
Things to Remember When Remodeling a Bathroom
Determine the bathroom remodeling cost
- Before you begin any project you have in mind, it is important to lay out the expectation and efficiently determine how to remodel a bathroom on a budget, not unless one has overflowing resources on hand to come up with his or her dream bathroom. Placing the expectations into perspectives is needed when it comes to how much money one is willing to invest. Consider factors such as size of the bathroom, the quality of materials you want to include and whether you are planning to do some labor yourself or hire bathroom remodeling contractors for further assistance and expertise. Going online and checking websites of bathroom designs and ideas would be recommended to give one a clearer idea on hot designs and the corresponding cost on achieving it.
Ensure that you do not make the toilet the first thing one sees when opening the door
- If you are to ask any bathroom designer or bathroom remodeling contractors what his first and main tip is, this would be on top of his or her list. The reasons are quite obvious. Most of the times, bathroom doors are left open wherein guest who will be coming in and out of your house would be the first thing that they would see and admittedly, may not be the most pleasant thing that you would like them to see. Just make sure that this would not be the focal point of your house, its best to situate it internally or a strategic location in your home which would not that be difficult for anyone to go into. You can ask your chosen affordable remodeling services for further inputs.
Consider having a few vintage finishes in your bathroom
- Though part of your steps to remodel a bathroom would be giving them a fresh, contemporary look, there would be times that you would need to retain some original aspects of it. For older homes, the original wall tiles may have several coats of concrete and maybe wire lath which would make it difficult to remove causing additional labor cost. Consider keeping the vintage tiles and allot the time and money in just enhancing these tiles or putting the resources elsewhere.
Think of an effective and pleasant lighting scheme
- The best way to plan a well lit space is to ensure one incorporates layers of task, accent, ambient and decorative lighting. The lighting should not be that glaring yet not too dim enough to see the surroundings and get a cozy feel.
Take note of bathroom dimensions
- It is important to learn and understand the project area by knowing a few key measurements which includes the size of a typical bathtub and how much space is needed for a toilet, which will definitely help achieve an efficient bathroom remodeling scheme.
Plan the right height for your sink
- This is one of the most common de prioritized items when remodeling a bathroom. The typical counter tops range from 32 to 34 inches from the ground or floor. You would need to think of how your sink will add to or take away from the counter top’s height. If you have an above-counter vessel sink, for example, you’ll want to make your counter height lower so you can wash your hands or brush your teeth comfortably.
Consider a corner sink
- When working on a tight or small bathroom with potential traffic flow problems due to the entry door or with layouts having shower doors, it is best to consider putting the sink in the corner which saves up space and eating up the larger portion of the bathroom floor.
Choosing the right vanity
- These vanities are established and put up not only for looks but also for other needed reasons. It is important to balance whether we allot a smaller or bigger space for this; it could eat up a considerable amount of space if it is too big or you would be scrambling for more counter tops if this is too small. Picking the inappropriate materials would lead to having maintenance issues.
It is alright to spend on a few high end materials
- Smaller spaces like the bathroom can be a good recipient for a few higher end materials and can definitely be a good investment. See what you can do shifting from the most basic , affordable materials to higher quality and high end materials as one does remodeling bathroom showers, tubs or sink.
Make sure to double check tile sizes
- There are some home and house ware stores that sells different sized tiles from what they are marketing. That’s because most tile is sold in European sizes (millimeters), and the quoted size might also factor in a grout joint, putting your fancy new tile at 11⅜, which can affect your tile layout, niches and plumbing.
Try installing a toilet yourself
- The costs of installing fixtures also add to the cost of a remodeling project. One thing that many homeowners can do themselves is hook up a new toilet, which can take just one hour versus hiring the services of bathroom remodel companies.